- general verification with help of Factor of Safety
- general verification according to theory of Limit States
- verification according to Eurocodes EN 1997, including national annexes
- verification according to LRFD 2003, LRFD 2012
- verification according to national standards (SNIP – Russia, GB – China)
The basic idea is to separate input of standards and theories from the actual input of a structure. The user first selects his own “Settings” – standards and approaches for the verification of safety to be used – applicable to all GEO5 programs. Then, when working with a particular program, the user no longer needs to worry about standards and coefficients of the analysis, as all the applications use the same, chosen ”Setting”.
The program allows the user to quickly switch from one setting to another, so running analysis according to various standards is efficient and simple.
The program allows to adopt one of the fifty defined Settings (e.g. national annexes of EU countries to EN 1997), or define a completely new one. The created Settings can be shared within the company or sent to coworkers.
The number of used approaches and standards regularly increases with every new version of the program to reflect user requirements.
Take a look at work with the standards (EN 1997, LRFD and others) in the GEO5 programs. Tutorial also explain how to easily switch between them and how to define your own settings.