Fine provides a license of the GEO5 software for educational purposes to universities and other academic institutions at a very favorable price.
Who is eligible?
Teachers (instructors) at academic institutions offering courses that lead to an engineering degree. Software may only be used for educational purposes.
What is the price?
- The price of GEO5 Package Educational is 1000EUR/1100USD for 10 concurrent users
- The price of GEO5 Package Educational is 1500EUR/1650USD for 50 concurrent users
GEO5 Package Educational is a network licensed package utilizing a network hardlock (dongle), which is included in the price*.
What are the maintenance options?GEO5 updates, new releases, and technical support are available in one of the three following ways:
- Mentioning GEO5 in research work/papers and providing consent to refer/publish** them in the Research Papers category on Fine website.
- Posting a mention of GEO5 on their departmental page the following message: “The Department of _______________ at ________________ utilizes an educational license of the GEO5 Geotechnical Software Suite provided by the Fine Company.”
- Subscribing to a GEO5 Annual Fine Maintenance, 15% of the purchase price (150EUR/165USD and 225EUR/250USD respectively)
Differences between Educational and Professional license?All GEO5 Educational licenses have no design and analysis limitations and include all GEO5 programs (approx. 30 programs). The only limitations are in reporting:
- Reports are watermarked with the following label: "Educational license - Software can be used only for educational purposes" text
- Reports cannot be saved in editable formats such as Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format (RTF) or plain text
* Educational license terms and conditions may slightly differ depending on the region or a dealer.
** Placement of the author's work (or link to the author's work) to the Fine company websites will be made only with the consent of the copyright owner.