Driven piles (precast piles) are prefabricated elements (timber, steel or concrete), which are driven into the ground by percussion, pressing or vibration, using proper machinery. The execution method used for this type of piles is fast and does not depend on local conditions, presenting good stability in soft soils. However, this type of piles is not suitable for soils containing hard blocks (rocks).
The GEO5 Pile program is designated to verify vertical bearing capacity of a bored, driven or CFA pile pile settlement and horizontal bearing capacity of a single pile. It also enables to design and verify a pile reinforcement.
If CPT tests are carried out, the GEO5 Pile CPT software can be used to calculate the bearing capacity and settlement of the piles, according to the CPT test results.
The GEO5 Pile Group program is designed to analyse the pile foundation with a rigid pile cap using the analytical or numerical solutions.
- Online Help for Pile, Pile CPT and Pile Group
- Introduction to the pile foundations - Engineering Manual (Pile)
- Analysis of vertical load-bearing capacity of a single pile - Engineering Manual (Pile)
- Analysis of horizontal bearing capacity of a single pile - Engineering Manual (Pile)
- Analysis of a single pile settlement - Engineering Manual (Pile)
- Introduction to the Pile CPT program - Tutorial
- Analysis of vertical load-bearing capacity and settlement of piles investigated on the basis of CPT tests
- Analysis of vertical load bearing capacity and settlement of a pile group - Engineering Manual (Pile Group)
- Analysis of deformation and pile group dimensioning - Engineering Manual (Pile Group)
- Verification of a Micropile Foundation - Engineering Manual (Pile Group)