Bored piles are reinforced concrete elements that are executed in loco, in holes excavated using proper machinery. The execution method for this type of piles is simple and can be applied to the most types of soils, including in the presence of the water table. In the case of execution in soft soils, the use of bentonite slurry may be required. There are several types or bored piles, for which the execution method and the equipment used can differ. The most suitable type of piles should be chosen according to the local conditions and the dimensions of the structure.
The GEO5 Pile program is designated to verify vertical bearing capacity of a driven, bored or CFA pile, pile settlement and horizontal bearing capacity of a single pile. It also enables to design and verify a pile reinforcement.
If CPT tests are carried out, the GEO5 Pile CPT software can be used to calculate the bearing capacity and settlement of the piles, according to the CPT test results.
The GEO5 Pile Group program is designed to analyse the pile foundation with a rigid pile cap using the analytical or numerical solutions.
- Online Help for Pile, Pile CPT and Pile Group
- Introduction to the pile foundations - Engineering Manual (Pile)
- Analysis of vertical load-bearing capacity of a single pile - Engineering Manual (Pile)
- Analysis of horizontal bearing capacity of a single pile - Engineering Manual (Pile)
- Analysis of a single pile settlement - Engineering Manual (Pile)
- Introduction to the Pile CPT program - Tutorial
- Analysis of vertical load-bearing capacity and settlement of piles investigated on the basis of CPT tests
- Analysis of vertical load bearing capacity and settlement of a pile group - Engineering Manual (Pile Group)
- Analysis of deformation and pile group dimensioning - Engineering Manual (Pile Group)
- Verification of a Micropile Foundation - Engineering Manual (Pile Group)