Adding New Settings
The program contains a relatively large number of basic Settings applicable to individual countries and theoretical approaches. Despite that, it is quite probable that most users will require to modify it and create their user-defined Settings.
A setting can be valid for all GEO5 programs or for the current program only (this can be specified in the right upper corner of the dialog window).
Pressing the "Add to administrator" button opens a dialog window, which displays the current setting of the program:
- if the "Input for the current task" is the current setting, the window is opened in the regime pertinent to the current program
- if the current setting is selected from the Settings list, a copy of this Setting with the same validity is opened
After editing and specifying the name of the new Setting, this Setting is saved into the "Settings Administrator" by pressing the "Add" button so it can be subsequently selected from the "Settings list".
It is reasonable to create user-defined Settings, for example:
1) based on countries and standards
- settings for Boguto
- settings for Borito
- settings for Borito, bridge structures
2) based on the investor
- settings for highways
- settings for railways
- settings for buildings
3) based on analysis methods
- analysis based on Mazindrani
- analysis based on Coulomb
- my way
- Peter’s way
The goal is to create a "Settings list" so that the user does not need to care for the way of inputting various types of analysis and coefficients. The created settings can be "Exported" and made available to other users or within the company. Providing such Settings have a broader validity, the FINE company will implement them into the pre-defined Settings available to all users of the GEO5 software.